Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Your Personal Penguin by Sandra Boynton

This delightful story is Sandra Boynton's latest board book. Throughout the book a penguin explains to a hippo that he wants to be the hippos friend. He wants to be the Hippo's personal penguin. This is a sweet story of friendship that toddlers are sure to love. You can also download the song version of the book, sung by Davy Jones of the Monkees. It is priceless. You can see the YouTube video of them recording the song HERE

I did this book with my toddler story group. They loved it. I laminated pictures of penguins and all the kids got to hold one while I read the story. I then did a song, Have You Ever Seen a Penguin, with them where they made their personal penguins go this way and that way, dive this way and that way, and swim this way and that way. They had a blast. I highly recommend this book for all library collections ~Beag

No comments:

Post a Comment